December 23- Caleb’s last day of work. We run a few errands, order pizza for dinner, make gingerbread cookies for Santa, and put kiddos to bed. Then C & I proceeded to stay up until 4am assembling & wrapping.
December 24- Our Christmas morning. Owen was the 1st one awake. We had to wake up Jonah. We came downstairs and Owen overlooked his train table and went straight to Jonah’s shopping cart. Once he saw his train table though, he shouted with joy “OH! My train table!”
We START packing for our 10 day trip (that’s us for ya!) Finally made it out the door and started our adventure!
December 25- We had a relaxing morning at my parents. That evening we headed over to Tom’s for our big Dill Christmas. Dirty Santa lasted a long time, which was fun. And like always, I ate way too much food! 11:30pm, my immediate family went back to my parents and did our Christmas gift exchange.
December 26- We woke up and let the kiddo’s open their gifts and us our stockings. We hurried and gathered our stuff together (which was scattered all.over.the.place!) and headed to the Indy airport. On the way (just a few miles from my parents house) I asked Caleb if he got my purse. He wasn’t sure, so we pulled over to double check. Yep it was there. Caleb pulled a u-turn and I said don’t get stuck! And his response “oh this good ‘ol car can handle the snow!” What do ya know….we got stuck. (and uh hum…I am the one who got out!)
We fly to KS, have a yummy dinner and then open presents & stockings! Jonah threw up that night but we thought it was just from eating too much. Little did we know what was really going on in his little belly
December 27- We woke up, and had a pretty chill morning. We headed to Oklahoma later that afternoon. We headed straight to Nana & Granddads and had a nice surprise to see lots of family there too!
December 28- Jonah got sick again. All over me, all over the floor, and all over Grandmothers chair. Poor little man was feeling so sickly. He ended up throwing up 4 times and couldn’t keep anything down so I called our ped. and they said I should take him to see a doctor. So, we did. We waited and waited and the doctor pretty much told us there wasn’t anything they could do and we’d just have to stick it out, and hope we weren’t going to get it either! Later that evening we had a delicious dinner and did our family Christmas.
December 29- We headed over to Colman for Pannell Christmas. So thankful for Neila who stayed with Jonah in Caddo while we went so we didn’t contaminate anyone else! That evening we set off back to Kansas. It was a long drive. We were all sleepy! We made it to KS around 230? Maybe later, I don’t remember.
December 30- We had a relaxing morning, kiddos played with their new toys, and then we organized our things (what we wanted to bring back with us/what we wanted to have Dan and Neila bring us in a couple weeks). We had another yummy dinner and then headed to the airport. Thankful for our laptop and PBS.com J Owen and Emma watched SuperWhy while waiting for our plane (which was delayed 20 min.) We arrived in Indy around 11:30 (maybe later..again don’t remember). We stopped at Stake & Shake then headed to my parents. We got in around 2am. Thanks guys for waiting up on us!
December 31- We went to Toms for a New Years Eve party. It was nice to see everyone again. We played Taboo, ate and just hung out. Caleb took Owen over to my parents so he could go to bed but ran back over before midnight so he could give me a kiss when the ball dropped :)
January 1- (Happy New Year!) Caleb woke up at 4am saying he felt like he was going to get sick. And he did. 6 times. My fingers were crossed it was going to magically skip me, but I wasn’t so fortunate. By Saturday morning I was feeling pretty gross myself. And then Owen too. :/ I spent most the day sleeping. I am thankful that I had my parents there to help us out!
January 2- Caleb and I were feeling better. We packed up and headed back home. I was glad for my own bed :)
![]() |
| leaving Santa's cookies! |
![]() |
| what a fun chrstimas! |
We were super busy this Christmas holiday but it was a lot of fun (minus the sickly bug attack). I loved getting to catch up with family, eat lots of yummy food, play games, and laugh :) I am so blessed to have the families that I have!









No comments:
Post a Comment