We went down to Indy Saturday and I was certain we werent going to find anything. I wasnt excited about the list of houses we were going to see and was not hopeful at all. The first house on our to see list, I loved in the pictures and in person too (it even had a movie theater room!) BUT like they say, you win some, you loose some! This house had a pond for a back yard and really no way to fence it or make it work for us so we scratched that one off our list. (Not to mention while driving through that neighborhood there were SEVERAL other houses for sale/foreclosures...never a good sign!) We were on our way to see a house for the 2nd time but it was 1. out of our price range (and only been on the market a month so just assumed they wouldnt come down to what we'd want it for) and 2. they currently have renters in there so something about the taxes would make them ridiculous and even more out of our price range, so Caleb and I both agreed we'd just skip it and felt ok with that. We then headed over to a house that was currently still being built but our realtor said we'd probably not like the layout, and she was right. But while we were getting the key for that house the building company lady (that sounds real official eh?) said there was a 4 bedroom Bradly (the style we did like better) that was still being built if we wanted to go check it out. So we did. And we fell in love. :) We checked out a 3 bedroom Bradley that was finished to give us a better idea of what the house would look like complete, and we loved it even more! Caleb and I prayed about it and both just felt at peace with the decision to make an offer. It was listed out of our price range so we both agreed that if they wouldnt come down to what we wanted, we'd have to walk away and know that this wasnt the house God wanted for us (no matter how much we loved it!) So we went to eat lunch, thought about it some more, prayed and came back to make the offer. We made our offer, 99% sure they'd counter but they took it right away! When the 'building company lady' said "you got it!" we couldnt believe it! (neither could they!) Right then I just knew God was at work and that this was our home! I dont really know how else to describe how we knew it was the right choice for us :) All along, I knew God would bring the right home, right neighborhood to us and He did!
Since then, Ive found out I know 2 people from my high school that live in the same neighborhood. How crazy is that?! :)
House should be done middle of July so closing should come soon after! We are out of our current house July 31st. Summer is going to be gone before we know it! (I cant really believe its already June 21st!!)
Thank you all who were praying for us along the way! Our journey is not yet over as now my search is focused on a doctor, hospital, pediatrician and preschool for Owen :) But I know that God is faithful and He'll direct us!
No comments:
Post a Comment