Taking a small break from the 1,000 blessings post to bring a family update :) It's been awhile.
We've enjoyed about a total of 2 weeks (ok probably more but it doesnt feel like it!) of healthiness over here! Thankfully Caleb and I have managed to avoid most of what our poor boys are catching! From pink eye 3 or 4 times, to high 104+ fevers, to dual action throwing up, to snotty noses and croupy coughs!
Currently Owen and Ez have fevers. Owen is on day 5-6 with high fever and Ez on day 2. Owen has had to miss this entire week of school, which normally he wouldnt mind too much BUT this was letter "O" week, his favorite letter, so he is bummed. He keeps telling me he was really excited to bring in himself for show and share. And he really wishes he could hear the letter "O" song. Poor buddy. I've enjoyed having him home with me though :) He has been sleeping in our room every night this week, which he is enjoying.
O is enjoying school for the most part. He says his favorite part of the day is lunch and recess and doing worksheets is boring ;) He is excited to start K in the fall, nervous, but says he is glad he is going half day so he can eat lunch at home with Jonah, Ezra and I. I'm glad for that too Buddy!
Owen's current thing is football. Colts, especially. And is convinced he is going to be the Colts quarterback when he grows up :)
The terrible twos were nothing compared to the terrible three's in this house! That shy, quiet, sweet little two year old Jonah has come out of his shell! :) By all means he is still a big big sweetheart but he knows what he wants and wants what he wants when he wants it (like that, Sis? haha).
J is into Superhero figures right now. He mostly likes to carry them around and not really do any playing with them. I'll go tuck him in and his bed will be covered in Superheros, trains, Hot Wheels cars, books, stuffed animals, barley any room for him! He is doing 100x better with dropping his off at church! Ever since he was potty trained its been different. He must know he is a big boy now and is so brave :) Speaking of PT, he finally learned this week that he is capable of going potty ALL by himself! Though he's done it in the past he would refuse to even try it, insisting we put on his potty seat, pull up/down his pants and put him on the potty. Lazy stink. Now he just goes in a does it himself! Thankful for this small victory!
Ezra is almost 18 months old, what?! He is talking a lot these days and nods his head "yes" at the appropriate times. My favorite is when I ask him if he's ready for night night and he nods "yes" then waves goodnight to Daddy and brothers :) Thankful for a good sleeper! Ez is also an official walker! He chooses to walk everywhere now instead of crawling, which I love watching! He is turning into Mr. Picky Eater and really could live on crackers, fruit and yogurt. Those veggies and meat are for the birds!
The weeks for Caleb and I are about to get busier. Right now, C is meeting about once a week to do a Bible study with a couple of his HS friends and I meet with some neighbor girls to do a Bible study. Currently we are studying the book The Story (Growing up I didn't really know a lot of the Bible stories so Im really enjoying this!) We have a couples small group every other Friday night (which we really love!) And on the opposite Friday we are a part of a babysitting co op, where we babysit 2 Fridays but get 10 date nights! Awesome trade off, especially when we dont have family close by. We also just signed Owen up for track. He is really excited! It's Biblical based, which is so cool! He will have practice every Monday and then track meets on Saturdays (not every Sat but a few!)
Picture update as well! Some of these have made it to FB so sorry if you're seeing them again ;)
 |
| Castle from Meme & Granddad! |
 |
| making homemade play-dough |
 |
| this makes me happy |
 |
| where's Eddy?? |
 |
| silly boy! |
 |
| pre Ezra's first haircut! |
 |
| cookies will save the day! |
 |
| Big Boy! |
 |
| making "volcanoes" |
 |
| The boys' clue as to where we were taking them to when we went to Disney On Ice |
 |
| this guy is 5½!!! |
 |
| haha, oh I love how Ez is peeking :) |
 |
| football stickers for his sticker book! that is pure joy :) |
 |
| yummy! |
 |
| lucky to be their Mama! |
 |
| love watching him play |
 |
| I love that he is holding his blankie :) |
 |
| Saturday morning play time! |
 |
| oh he also loves cereal too ;) |
 |
| hi Jones! |
1 comment:
I want what I want when I want it to. :) lol
Post a Comment